The Dames, LLC, is a Colorado Limited Liability Company (“The Dames” or “we”). The Dames sponsors live and virtual events and hosts its website https://thedames.co/ and Facebook and other social media pages (collectively referred to as the “Website”) on which Members may create unique personal profiles in order to post content, view and download content, and interact with other Members.
These Membership Terms (“Terms”) are intended to address all relevant aspects of your membership in The Dames, including your use of the Website. If you do not agree to comply with these Terms, you should not apply for membership in The Dames and you should resign your membership and stop all use of the Website.
These Terms contain your legal rights and obligations, read them carefully.
If you are not a Member of The Dames, you are considered a Visitor. Visitors to this Website and/or to The Dames events will be subject to and must comply with these Terms. A Member is a natural person who has registered with The Dames, been accepted for Membership, and paid all applicable fees. Members are also subject to and must comply with these Terms.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP
Membership in The Dames is by approval only. A prospective Member must meet the criteria set by The Dames and submit a truthful and accurate membership application. Prospective Members must also be at least 18 years of age.
The Dames will consider each application for the following minimum criteria:
- Prospective Members who own a business that generates over $100K in annual revenue; OR
- Prospective Members who are a key leader in a large organization that generates more than $1M in annual revenue; AND
- Prospective Members who are a fit for The Dames culture.
The Dames may modify the membership criteria at any time, at its sole discretion. The Dames may also conduct ongoing or periodic self-reported revenue verification for its Members, at its sole discretion.
The Dames does not admit Members who are with companies that engage in multi-level marketing, networking marketing, or similar companies (“MLM”s). Most people who join MLMs make little or no money. Some of them lose money. In some cases, people believe they have joined a legitimate MLM but it turns out to be an illegal pyramid scheme. The Dames does not have the resources to determine whether your MLM company is legitimate or not. It is therefore the policy of The Dames to exclude all such companies. If The Dames determines that your company fits this description, your membership will be denied and/or terminated.
The Dames is made up of chapters that are local and virtual. You can apply for membership at any time by visiting our membership site at: www.thedames.co/apply . When you submit your application to become a Member, your method of payment will be charged immediately, and your application will enter “pending” status. Please note that payment of the fee does not guarantee approval for membership. After submission, your application will be reviewed and evaluated to ensure that you meet the criteria set out in these Terms. If approved, then you will receive a welcome email with next steps. If your application is not approved, you will receive an email indicating as such, and you will be issued a refund of all fees paid. Please note that the refund may take up to 5-10 business days to appear in your account and comes from our payment processing company, Stripe.
PRICING AND PAYMENT
Membership fees vary by chapter. The current pricing for each type of membership in The Dames can be found on our website. The Dames may increase prices annually, at your renewal date. Price increases will be communicated to members by email at least 60 days prior to your renewal date. If you do not cancel your membership at least 30 days before your renewal date, then you will be deemed to have accepted the new membership pricing.
The Dames accepts both debit and credit cards. The processor for all membership fees is Stripe (https://stripe.com). If you believe you are owed a refund for a mistaken charge, please send an email to [email protected] so that we can look into your issue. You agree not to process a chargeback for any reason.
AUTOMATIC RENEWAL; TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Please add [email protected] to your safe senders list, as all membership emails will come from that email address. All memberships in The Dames are for a term of one year, with automatic renewal. Members may choose to make monthly payments or pay the annual fee all at one time in exchange for a discount (the amount of which is in The Dames’ sole discretion). The Dames may choose to restrict the type and length of memberships available and will notify you prior to applying if such a restriction is in place.
At the end of the first year of membership, members who pay monthly during the initial one year term will be automatically renewed in one-month increments, while members who paid the discounted annual fee will be automatically renewed at the then-current discounted annual fee.
Termination of Membership. To cancel your membership, you must send an email to [email protected] at least 30 days before your renewal date. You can find your renewal date in your membership confirmation email, or by sending us an email. If you do not cancel your membership at least 30 days before your annual renewal date, your membership will automatically renew and your payment method will be charged. If you are on a monthly payment plan for the annual fee and you cancel your membership in the initial one year term, your payment method will continue to be charged each month for the remainder of the months left in the term. The Dames does not offer partial refunds. In addition to your application for membership (where you accepted these Terms & Conditions), payment of your membership fee is your acceptance of these terms, and you agree not to process a chargeback for any reason.
Please Note: The Dames may restrict, suspend, or terminate a Member for any violation of these terms, at any time, with or without prior notice, and without liability and without a refund for an unused or partial term.
MEMBERSHIP PAUSES; REJOINING
Pausing your Membership: You may pause your membership once per annual period, in 30-day increments. If you wish to initiate a pause, you must send an email to [email protected] with your request. A membership may be paused for up to 60 calendar days. Note that pausing your membership will result in an extension of your annual Membership renewal date by the number of days that your membership was paused (30 or 60 days).
Rejoining The Dames: If you cancel your membership and then return to The Dames at a later time, you will be required to re-apply and be re-qualified for membership at the then-current membership pricing.
Members are encouraged to help The Dames expand its member base. Members who sign up for The Dames affiliate program will receive $50 for every new Member referred to The Dames. The affiliate program is governed by the Affiliate Program terms and conditions, found at https://thedames.co/terms-and-conditions-affiliate.
The Dames is a professional networking group designed to address the statistical disparities between multi-million-dollar companies run by men as opposed to women, by creating a place for six- and seven- figure women to learn, share resources, and refer business. However, The Dames is also committed to gender inclusion and does not exclude men, transgender, non-binary, or other gender identities as a matter of policy. It is in this spirit that male, transgender, non-binary, or other gender identity applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis and permitted to attend one live event to allow the male, transgender, non-binary, or other gender identity applicant and The Dames to determine if joining The Dames would be a good fit. The Dames will give each male, transgender, non-binary, or other gender identity application thoughtful consideration before deciding, in The Dames’ sole discretion, whether to allow a male, transgender, non-binary, or other gender identity applicant to become a member.
The Dames welcomes people with disabilities and is committed to complying with state and federal laws that require accommodations under certain circumstances. Users with disabilities are encouraged to contact The Dames via email if they need an accommodation for an event hosted by The Dames. Users must contact The Dames to make accommodation requests prior to the date of any event, to give The Dames as much time as possible to: 1) determine if the accommodation is required by law, 2) determine what, if any, accommodation will be provided to the User, and 3) make plans to implement the requested accommodation.
EXPECTATIONS OF MEMBERS
The Dames cultivates a rich environment of radical collaboration, love, and fun for its Members. These environments take time to build, and a commitment by you to collaboration and growth in your business or career. The following expectations will help ensure that your experience as a Member of The Dames is as beneficial for you as possible. Please review and refer to these expectations whenever you have a question about what is expected of all Members.
- Communication with The Dames staff. All communication with The Dames staff must be professional and follow applicable law. Communications that harass, annoy, demean or otherwise offend The Dames staff, will not be tolerated. The Dames reserves the right to refuse membership or to cancel a Member’s membership, without providing a refund, for behavior by a Member that falls under this section.
- Member Disputes. The Dames is a professional networking group. Therefore, Members may find the occasion to work together. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. If you are dissatisfied with the work provided by another Member, or any interaction with another member in our social media private groups or public pages, membership site, Zoom calls, on private calls, and anywhere else members interact you are expected to resolve your dissatisfaction with that member directly and in a professional manner. The Dames reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between its Members.
- Unauthorized Communications with Members. All communication with Members must be professional and follow applicable law. Communicating with a Member for the purpose of advertising or solicitation, attempting to convince a Member to buy or sell any unauthorized products or services, and collecting e-mail addresses of Members for the purpose of sending unsolicited e-mail is prohibited. You may also not transmit any chain letters or junk e-mail to other Members.
- Adding a Member to your Email List. It is permissible to request Members to explicitly opt-in to your e-mail list (and to subsequently unsubscribe at any time.) However, if a Member who has previously given written permission to be added to your e-mail list later requests to be removed from your e-mail list, you must do so immediately.
- Website Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will choose a password. Keep your password confidential and do not share your password with any other person. Notify The Dames immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password.
- Prohibited Content. The Dames reserves the right to restrict or prohibit the posting of content on its Website. The following content is prohibited on any The Dames Website (including all social media accounts owned and operated by The Dames):
- Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Content that harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Content that exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- Content containing nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter;
- Content that promotes false or misleading information;
- Content that promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work;
- Content that involves sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, bartering, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or
- Content that includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent.
- Criminal Activities. The following activities are illegal or prohibited on the Website. If you engage in any of these activities, The Dames will terminate your membership immediately:
- Criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- Posting content that furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities; or
- Using any information obtained from your Membership in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
PHOTOGRAPHY CONSENT; RELEASE
The Dames events will be photographed and/or recorded. Photos and video are used by The Dames as marketing material and as posted content on the Website. By attendance at a The Dames event, you acknowledge the following:
- The Dames may copyright, reproduce, publish, distribute and use, photos and videos of me for any purpose connected to the activities of The Dames.
- I waive any right which I may have to inspect or approve any finished works that contain my image or likeness.
- I acknowledge that The Dames is the owner and copyright proprietor of all right, title and interest in and to all these works, and I assign to The Dames any right, title or interest that I may have or be deemed to have to them.
- I waive, release and discharge The Dames, from any claim, I may have or libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or any violation of any right to publicity or any other right which I may have arising out of the publication or use of such works.
Content that you post on the Website maintained by The Dames remains your content. You do, however, grant The Dames a limited license to use and display that content on the Website. By posting content on the Website, you represent that you own or have received a license to post such content. You also agree to defend and indemnify The Dames for any content that you post or share to the Website that is subject to any third-party claim, including but not limited to infringement, defamation, or violation of applicable law. The Dames, in its sole discretion, can refuse to post or remove any content posted by you if you violate these Terms or the content posted by you is offensive, illegal or violates the rights, harms, or threatens the safety of any person.
The Dames does not endorse content posted or communicated by Members and assumes no responsibility for monitoring Members’ use of the Website.
Content that is posted by The Dames on the Website is owned by The Dames. The Dames owns and retains all rights in its content.
HYPERLINKS; THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Content shared on the Website may contain links to other websites. The Dames is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such third-party websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by The Dames.
When you access these third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. The Dames takes no responsibility for third-party advertisements which are posted on the Website, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER; LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY.
The Dames makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content or to the accuracy and reliability of the content or any material or information that you transmit to other Users.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE DAMES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM: YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, YOUR ATTENDANCE AT A LIVE THE DAMES EVENT, OR FROM ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR FROM THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE DAMES, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE.
THE DAMES ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION OR INTERRUPTION IN ITS SERVICES. THE DAMES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, OR SOFTWARE, DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR ON ANY OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO USERS OR TO ANY PERSON’S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION OR DOWNLOADING MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES.
THE DAMES IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP, EVEN IF THE DAMES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE DAMES’ LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE DAMES FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
THE DAMES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM THE CONDITION OF A VENUE PICKED TO FACILITATE A LIVE THE DAMES EVENT.
THE DAMES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL AT A LIVE THE DAMES EVENT.
THE DAMES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM THE CONSUMPTION OF FOOD AT A LIVE THE DAMES EVENT.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND GOVERNING LAW; CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Any dispute involving these Terms or your membership in The Dames will be decided by binding arbitration in the state of Colorado.
Any dispute involving these Terms or your membership in The Dames is governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, with venue appropriate in the courts located in Denver, Colorado, or United States Federal District Courts within Denver, Colorado. You agree to submit to this jurisdiction.
ANY ARBITRATION OR COURT ACTION HEREUNDER SHALL PROCEED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS WITHOUT THE RIGHT FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ACTION BASIS OR ON A BASIS INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF OTHERS OR ANY GOVERNMENTAL BODY OR THE PUBLIC. CLASS AND COLLECTIVE ACTIONS UNDER THIS PROVISION ARE PROHIBITED, WHETHER IN COURT OR ARBITRATION, AND THE ARBITRATOR OR COURT, AS APPLICABLE, SHALL HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO PROCEED ON SUCH BASIS. ANY ISSUE CONCERNING THE ENFORCEABILITY OR VALIDITY OF THIS SECTION AND THE WAIVER HEREIN SHALL BE DECIDED BY A COURT WITH JURISDICTION AND VENUE AS PROVIDED HEREIN. IF THERE IS A DETERMINATION BY A COMPETENT COURT THAT THIS SECTION IS UNENFORCEABLE, THEN ANY CLASS, COLLECTIVE, REPRESENTATIVE OR JOINT ACTION BY THE PARTIES SHALL ONLY BE BROUGHT IN A COURT WITH JURISDICTION AND VENUE AS PROVIDED HEREIN AND NOT IN ARBITRATION.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
The Dames will update and modify these Terms from time-to-time. Any changes will be effective upon posting the modified terms on the Website.
Email The Dames at [email protected] with any questions regarding these Terms.